We actively support and advocate for Black trainees and physicians facing workplace discrimination. We aim to expand the Black physician workforce to improve health outcomes in the Black community.
Only 5% of resident physicians in the US are Black but make up 20% of dismissals from training programs
- Overall, Black people have worse health outcomes than all other racialized groups
- Black infant mortality is cut by half when they have Black doctors
- The Black-White male gap in cardiovascular mortality drops by 19% when Black men see a Black doctor
- Black doctors make up only 4% of US workforce but Black people make up 13% of the US population
in a Kick-off Demonstration
Friday, August 26, 2022
To Raise Awareness About the Unjust Dismissals of Black Doctors and Trainees
Black Docs Belong
- Actively supporting and advocating for Black trainees and physicians facing workplace discrimination.
- Expanding the Black physician workforce to improve health outcomes in the Black community.